To request a 2014 *cino sharing calendar, which is being assembled in the above photo, please contact us!
As we deepen into the season of Advent and anticipate the celebration of God’s great gift to humanity, I wanted to take the opportunity to reflect on the past 12 months of work with *culture is not optional, which has taken the form of publishing, community development, events and intentional community.
2013 has been a wild, wonderful year in which the members of our volunteer staff have pushed ourselves to grow individually and collectively. Our community of supporters has responded graciously and enthusiastically, reinforcing our commitment to serve joyfully alongside our neighbors in Three Rivers, while reaching out beyond our small town through publishing and education. We’ve said hello and goodbye to new and old friends, and closed out the year with a huge party. In addition to hours and hours of volunteer time in the form of writing, organizing, playing, creating, welcoming, gardening, cooking and more, the Huss Project Brick Campaign has raised $77,100 to date to pay off our mortgage and begin funding renovations on our building. What abundance! We’ve thoroughly enjoyed feeding our friends delicious food at Underground Supper Clubs, Friday night dinners and storytelling potlucks.
Through a fall retreat, weekly staff meetings and monthly virtual board meetings, we’ve begun the process of setting goals for the coming year, which include:
- Sustaining and growing our programming in Three Rivers: the community garden, Future Festival, summer internships, Family Fun Nights, service-learning trips, summer lunches, storytelling nights and art installations.
- Continuing on the path of organizing, problem-solving and resourcing around occupancy for the old kindergarten room at the Huss Project.
- Strengthening institutional partnerships with local organizations and regional colleges.
- Cultivating supportive relationships with local businesses.
- Growing our structure for leadership within our organization and with the greater community.
- Increasing our monthly donations from the current level of $1,240 to $2,000.
Toward the goal of increasing monthly donations as well as continuing to foster a sense of sharing among our community of supporters, we’ve created a special sharing calendar for 2014. Please get in touch if you’d like us to send you one. Calendars feature *cino-ish quotes for each month, along with a short description of what our work consists of at that time of year. You can use it however you like — as a reminder for a monthly gift, as a suggestion of what to hold in prayer, as a source of ideas for offering skills or resources, as encouragement for your daily life. We would also welcome a special end-of-year donation for 2013 if you are able, which always goes a long way in helping sustain our work from one year into the next.
Thank you for continuing to hold *cino’s multi-faceted work in the light with your prayers and generosity. May you be surprised by joy in this season of expectation and wonder!Last modified: March 4, 2020